1. Beef, extra lean: High in iron, a mineral that improves memory, alertness and attention span.
3. Blueberries: Excellent source of antioxidants and “anthocyanins,” compounds thought to help protect brain cells from toxins, improves use of glucose in the brain, and promotes communication between brain cells.
4. Broccoli: Packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that help protect brain tissue from toxins.
5. Carrots: High in beta carotene and other natural substances that help protect brain tissue from toxins.
7. Citrus fruits: Contain vitamin C and other antioxidants that help maintain sharp memory and help brain cells resist damage.
8. Edamame: Contains phenylalanine, an amino acid that helps relay signals from one brain cell to another.
9. Eggs: High in the B vitamin choline, which helps with memory.
13. Pork: Loaded with vitamin B1, which protects myelin, a fatty substance that helps facilitate communication among cells.
14. Romaine lettuce: High in folate, a B vitamin important for memory and nerve cell health.
15. Spinach: Packed with iron, which is involved memory, concentration, and mental functioning.
17. Yogurt: A probiotic food that has been found in many studies to boost mental alertness.
Do you keep these brain-boosting foods stocked in your kitchen?
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon....
until next time...