If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price...
As a child I was extremely shy...some may have mistaken that for lack of confidence. Wrong. Growing up in Puerto Rico and then experiencing life in New York made me a very confident person. This being said, it does not mean that everything I do is correct, does not mean I am never wrong, it does not mean I do not make mistakes...what it means is that I am capable of recognizing my faults and of trying to always improve myself. Does it always work? Probably not, but it never stops me from trying and to keep moving forward. The key is not to be afraid of failure...just pick yourself up and keep going forward.
I know it does not come easy for everyone. I notice that many who lack self confidence are very envious and jealous of others....this can also be due to being immature I am not sure how it works, but I know it does not accomplish much. Instead of spending your time brooding about other people's lives my suggestion is to live your own. Don't long for what others have, be it your best friend, your sibling or some other person. Strive to make the most of you... To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.
Below are some cool sayings I found, and to me they tell exactly what it is to have confidence in yourself....basically you don't really give a damm what the world or others think of you because you know you strive to be the best person you can and you never go out of your way to hurt another human being....
• LOVE ME, HATE ME - EITHER WAY YOU'RE THINKING OF ME!
• WARNING: I HAVE AN ATTITUDE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT!
• I'M SO HOT - I MAKE FIRE!
• I AM CONVINCED THAT LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO ME AND 90% OF HOW I REACT TO IT.
• I AM OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER - BUT YOUNG ENOUGH TO STILL DO IT ANYWAY!
• I DON'T LOOK BACK - UNLESS THERE'S A GOOD VIEW!
• I'M SLOW TO TRUST, BUT QUICK TO LOVE. I WISH TOO HARD AND I GIVE TOO MUCH. I'M NOT SAYING I'M PERFECT... BUT I PROMISE I'M WORTH IT!
• I BELIEVE WHAT WE DO FLOWS FROM WHO WE ARE
• I DON'T PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE THAT I'M NOT... BUT IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE ME AS SOMEONE WHO IS GORGEOUS, RICH AND FAMOUS THAT'S FINE WITH ME.
• I'M NOT UNLUCKY IN LOVE - I'M JUST EXTREMELY GOOD AT BEING SINGLE!
• I'M NOT SHY, I'M JUST HOLDING BACK MY AWESOMENESS SO I DON'T INTIMIDATE YOU.
• LOVE ME WHEN I LEAST DESERVE IT, BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN I REALLY NEED IT
• I AM WHO I AM - YOUR APPROVAL ISN'T NEEDED!
• ADMIT IT. LIFE WOULD BE SO BORING WITHOUT ME!
• I FORGOT TO GO TO THE GYM YESTERDAY. THAT'S 10 YEARS IN A ROW!
• THIS IS ME! WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.
• I AM THE YUMMY PIE!
• I'M NOT LAZY - I JUST RUN ON ENERGY SAVING MODE!
• I'M NOT AFRAID OF FAILING... WHICH IS WHY I DO IT ALL THE TIME!
• IF I HAD TO DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY - I'D SAY GOOD LOOKING.
• NORMAL PEOPLE WORRY ME!
• I'M NOT OVERWEIGHT. GOD JUST LOVED MY BODY SO MUCH HE MADE MORE OF ME!
• YOU TALK IT, I LIVE IT!
• I DO WHAT I MUST, AND MY FRIENDS WILL ADJUST!
• I AM HERE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT!
I AM THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT
Confidence does not mean you are perfect it means you are capable of recognizing your faults and never afraid of trying to always improve and better yourself. It means you know when to tell the rest of the world to mind their own business and not bat an eyelash...just because you can!!!
Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong....
until next time...