Oct 24, 2014

Back Home....

I have too many flaws to be perfect, but I have too many blessings to be ungrateful...

3:40 pm Thursday afternoon.  I couldn't be more on edge even f I tried.  Since leaving Brutus at
 the vet this morning, I have tried to stay busy, but my thoughts always come back to him.
By 2:30 I kept looking at the phone every second willing it to ring and hear that all went 
well with his surgery and that he is now awake and we can soon pick him up.

As you can imagine we are still waiting for the call.  Now I am a nervous wreck. I am my
 worst enemy sometimes.  You see I have a VERY vivid imagination.  I don't think any-
one will even come close to picturing what is going through my mind.  Surgery was 
supposed to only last an hour.  It's now been over 3 hours.  I want my Brutus home.

4:15 pm Thursday.  Can't wait any longer.  Staring at the phone is just not going to do it for me.
Gave in  and called the vet's office even though they told me to wait until I heard from them.
Brutus is  in recovery.  He is still not awake, but it's over and he is going to be OK.
 I mean he has to.  Just sitting and waiting to go and bring him home.  Long wait.

It's now Friday morning little after 10 am.  We brought Brutus home last night by 9pm.
He was so happy to be home that even with his collar and bandage he was hobbling along
all over the place.  It was as if he was in a race of some sort to check everything out.

Arvid and I so far try to carry him around everywhere.  Yes! we spoil him and
we love to do so. Brutus came home with lots of pain killers and antibiotics which I
have to give to him twice a day.  Twice a day for each.  He's not happy and I'm not thrilled.

So far it has been OK. He slept quietly until 1:30 an at which time I woke up with him
to make sure he does not jump or do anything to hurt himself.  We were awake until 5:45am
at which time I gave him his first dosage of pain killers for the day.  He fell asleep and so did I.
We slept until 8am and then it was time for the antibiotics.  Took some time to give to him.

Finally he is quiet again.  Meaning he is resting and sound asleep.  For now I took his collar
off in hope he will rest better.  Can't tell you how happy we are to have him home again.
Our home is not home without Brutus.  It's just a quiet place.  He completes it and us.

Good day to all of you.  The sun may not be shining right now,but in our world
 at least for now all is good again.  I'm grateful for so many things.
I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face,
grateful for another day I never thought I'd see.

Choosing to be positive and having a grateful
 attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life...