Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience...
Arvid firmly believes he has "trained" Brutus and in many ways he has done a great job getting Brutus to do many things. For instance, if Brutus is hungry he goes to seek Arvid out, if Brutus wants water he looks at us until one of us is actually begging him to drink and of course he then drinks. Now who has trained who I ask?
Cats are a law onto themselves. Here are just a few of their rules:
- Always give generously. A small bird or rodent left on the bed tells them, I care.
- Climb your way to the top. That's why the drapes are there.
- Curiosity never killed anything except maybe a few hours.
- Find your place in the sun. Especially if it happens to be on that nice pile of warm, clean laundry.
- If you're not receiving enough attention, try knocking over several expensive antique lamps.
- Life is hard, then you nap.
- Make your mark in the world. Or at least spray in each corner.
- Never sleep alone when you can sleep on someone's face.
- Variety is the spice of life. One day ignore people, the next day annoy them.
- When eating out, think nothing of sending back your meal twenty or thirty times.
- When in doubt, cop an attitude.
|who has who trained?|
Cats provide an abundance of entertainment to our daily lives. With Brutus in our life there is never a boring moment. Sometimes there is never a resting moment for me because he wants to play games and get brushed all the time. Neither Arvid nor I mind. He gives us a reason to leave what we are doing, get up and just follow him around and see what he wants....having Brutus in our life is just wonderful. Everyone should know the pleasures of what it is like to have a pet. They make you a better person.